Making chocolate cookies, drinking the best drink ever:
3 ounces vanilla-infuse Cazadores Tequila (home-made)
3 ounces toddy coffee
Splash of half and half
1.5 teaspoons Maple Syrup
Shaken, served on ice. I call it the Vanilla Valdez.
Portland has an awesome new garbage plan. We're going to have a huge bin for recycling, a compost bin, a glass bin (fuzzy on the details) and they are only going to pick up the garbage once every two weeks! It's very modern, this plan, although California of course is pretty much already on it.
I had a sexy dream about Paul Reubens last night. You may know him as Pee-Wee Herman. We were in an underground compound in an indian reservation slash college campus. There was also a cooking contest, and a day care center. Cinder block walls were lining the hallways. No windows. A King sized bed with primary color sheets that had a six foot in diameter trampoline in front of it.
I spent most of this afternoon, after everyone left, reading "Anatomy of Movement" by Blandine Calais-Germain. (You can get it on the internet.) Then I went to a Pilates class. It was really hot, and I rode my bike, so I was pretty sweaty and stinky when I got there. I had a great class today: something clicked and I kind of understood what I was doing which made everything more strenuous. That's basically my motto in a Pilates class: if it isn't kicking your ass you're not doing it right.
I got my confirmations about the training course in Philadelphia. Mom is excited ("This is great news") and sister is not quite ("I might have some reviews etc etc"). Since I'm not in class for most of September I am thinking about making the whole Lindsay's Wedding/Pilates Training into a big East Coast Extravaganza. See who I can see. Marian will be out there by then, and Constance is in New Haven/Brooklyn, and I could visit Lindsay in DC.
Of course when I get back I'm going to find a job (!) somewhere teaching. I'm also considering the field of Public Health.
Now I'm going to eat strawberries and whipped cream. Snap.
1) Lindsay is getting married. This weekend she's visiting with her new fiance Kaice. I would link to Kaice's website, since he has one, but I will not because it is not the best. He, however, is a sweet guy.
2) I'm on vacation!
3) I'm going to be a Pilates teacher! In September I will be flying off to Philadelphia to take a weekend class at the Power Pilates studio at UPenn. I am excited about this also because I can roll in a visit to my family at the same time.
4) I'm learning Spanish. It is about time.
5) I hurt my wrist. Again.
5) I am a white belt in Karate.
6) Amanda keeps visiting! And we went up to Seattle to camp with Katie D and her girlf Alice.
7) Allergies! I have them.
8) Greg Borenstein practically moved in. He is grumpy when he is hungry.
9) Make new friends, keep the old!